Come join one of the Midwest’s leading refrigerated truckload carriers, in business for more than thirty-five years. With regional runs the average miles per week is 2,500 to 3,500 practical miles. We are a team committed to safety of the general public, as well as service.
- Qualified Drivers can earn up to 60 cents per mile
- $3000 Sign-On Bonus
- $100 Monthly Safety Bonus
- Service Bonus – $100.00 per year. Capped at 20 years
- $2000 Driver Referral Bonus
- Late-model tractors, Kenworths and Internationals
- All trucks governed at 70 MPH
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Productivity bonus of 03 cpm paid out quarterly
- Supplemental Insurance
- All trucks have refrigerators
- Extra drop pay
- 401K with Match Contribute 6% of your paycheck get 3% in a company match
- Weekly pay
- Direct deposit
- Electronic logs
- Paid vacation
- No forced dispatch
- Pay bonus for clear DOT inspections
- Extra drop pay
- Employer-paid life insurance
Our Truck Features
- Governed at 70 MPH
- Have Inverters
- 2018 or Newer
- Have refrigerators
- Electronic logs/Omnitrac system
- Fuel Cards
- No-cost rider program
- No forced dispatch
To transport and deliver freight in a safe manner by driving a diesel powered tractor-trailer combination over the road, long distances to and from customers and other locations as assigned. You will be delivering product in raw and processed form, loose and packaged.
- Hook and unhook trailers from tractors, including cranking lever to raise and lower landing gear on semi-trailer.
- Perform lifting, pulling, pushing and carrying of freight.
- Inspect tractors and trailers for defects and safe operating condition before, during and after trips.
- Submit in writing a drop trailer inspection report each time you drop a trailer.
- Knowledge and follow ALL D.O.T. Hours of Service Regulations at all times. (11, 14 and 10 hour rules)
- Apply knowledge of commercial driving and skill in maneuvering vehicle at varying speeds in difficult situations, such as heavy traffic, inclement weather or in tight loading docks areas.
- Ensure that all shipping documentation (bill of lading, shipping orders, freight bills etc.) required in moving this
shipment is available for inspection and that appropriate paperwork accompanies shipments when delivered.
- Maintain records required for compliance with State and Federal Regulations including drivers’ logs, record of fuel purchases, mileage records and other records required by law.
- Perform all duties in accordance with company policies and procedures, and comply with all Federal, State and local regulations for the safe operation of a commercial motor vehicle.
- Report all accidents/incidents involving driver or company equipment immediately.
- Promptly report any delays due to breakdown, weather or traffic conditions or other emergencies, or in the event of irregularities related to pickup or delivery of cargo
- Safe and legal operation of a commercial motor vehicle.
- Safe and timely transportation of freight from origin to destination.
- Proper handling and accurate completion of all necessary paperwork related to truck operations and freight movements.
- Professional representation of the company and the trucking industry through responsible driving.
- Must possess a valid Commercial Driver’s License (Class A) in the state of residence.
- Must have a minimum of one year, verifiable, tractor-trailer OTR driving experience.
- Must have the ability to read, write and perform simple mathematical calculations with mental ability to handle receipts, read maps, road signs and control systems.
- Must have knowledge of the D.O.T. regulations governing safe driving, hours of service, inspections and maintenance.
- Must meet or exceed the medical standards of the D.O.T. performed by company appointed physicians.
- Must satisfactorily pass a D.O.T. qualified drug test.
Statements included in this job description do not necessarily represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require additional or different tasks be performed as circumstances change.
ZEITNER AND SONS, INC. WILL ONLY HIRE AND QUALIFY DRIVERS THAT
MEET AND/OR EXCEED THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- Candidate must meet qualification criteria of section 391 and 383 of the Federal Motor Carrier Regulations
- A minimum of 24 years of age
- Six months recent over the road tractor/trailer experience
- No more than total of three (3) speeding violations in the previous 3 years
- No speeding convictions over 15mph in the previous 3 years
- No preventable DOT recordable accidents within the previous 3 years
- No felony convictions in the previous five (5) years
- None of the following major moving violations in the previous five (5) years:
- Following too closely
- Erratic lane change
- Driving while license is suspended or revoked
- Driving without the proper endorsement
- Refusing to stop while fleeing from a law enforcement officer
- Any alcohol related offenses
- None of the following major moving violations in the previous ten (10) years:
- Use of a vehicle to commit a felony
- Vehicular homicide or manslaughter
- Hit and run, leaving the scene of an accident
- Reckless, negligent or careless driving
- Using a commercial vehicle to manufacture, distribute or dispense of a controlled substance
- Other drug related offenses
- Steady work history in previous five (5) years
- Reasonable CSA/PSP score
- Must submit and obtain a negative pre-employment/contract urinalysis.
- Pass A FMCSA DOT Medical Card Exam at Company Clinic
Student Driver Program
- On the job training continues for 1 to 6 months depending on proficiency
- $500 a week while training – Sunday thru Monday
- $600 a week while running as a team with a trainer
Once training is complete and student goes solo, the following will apply:
- 90 day probation begins on solo date
- Solo start pay is $0.48/mile
- Escrow deduction begins
- Full competitive pay
- Vacation – 1 year from date of hire
- Health Insurance – 60 days from date you begin student program
- 401K – January or July each year, must be employed 6 months prior to one of those months. Use date entered into program
- Productivity Bonus – Qualify at 1st full calendar quarter after solo date
Here at Zeitner and Sons we believe in our drivers. Our drivers are our best assets. We are looking for a few more drivers to add to our team. With multiple drivers that have stayed with us for over 20 years, we are a company that you can call home. If you are looking for that company to call home, look no further than Zeitner and Sons. We are a family owned and operated and have been in business for over 30 years. Zeitner & Sons, Inc. located in Omaha, Nebraska, is one of the Midwest’s leading refrigerated truckload carriers. We take pride in building a relationship with our drivers and know them by name. Our top priorities are highway safety, excellent customer service, and on-time deliveries. If you are in the market for a company to call home, give us a call at 1-800-228-1008.
- 70% of Gross
- 70% of Drop Pay
- All Fuel Surcharge
- We Pay Reefer Fuel
- Weekly Settlements
- Direct Deposit
- Fuel Card
- No Charge Trailer Use
- No Cost Omnitrac
- We Pay Cargo and Liability Insurance
- 70% of Gross, Layover, and Drop Pay
- All Billed Unloading
- All Fuel Surcharge
We Provide our Owner Operators with
- Refrigerated Trailer Fuel
- Fuel Card – Fleet discount
- Air Ride Trailers
- Omnitracs at no charge
- Parts at Zeitner’s cost
- Liability and Cargo Insurance
- Free of Charge – Air Ride Trailers; Thermo King and Carrier
- Free of Charge – Omnitrac
- Parts at Zeitner’s Cost
- Tractor Fuel
- PD & Bobtail Insurance
- Worker’s Compensation
- Prorate – Deduction of $100 per week until balance is paid
- Must provide Paid 2290 form